Cannot located the PAINT.NET folder

JMC

I have looked far and wide for this folder in order to install some plugins. Nowhere to be found. I installed the APP through the WINDOWS Store, it runs fine. Where are the files hiding!?

JC

Edited by JMC

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, JMC said:

@otuncelli THANK YOU! BEERS ON ME!

@otuncelli Hi, one more question for you. I am trying to install this set of plugins - Paint.NET Effects (telenet.be)
Each time I run the installer I receive a message which says - Paint.Net is not installed. Any ideas here? I tried to drag the DLL file into the effects folder but that did not work either.

@JMC try installing my plugin pack: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113220-boltbaits-plugin-pack-for-pdn-v4212-and-beyond-updated-july-16-2020/?ct=1635397593

It has an installer and although it will tell you that it can't find Paint.NET (because you have the store version), that's ok.  Just bypass that prompt and when the main screen comes up, check the box for the store version.

It will create the proper directories for the store version for you and install my plugins into them.

Restart Paint.NET and see if you can see my plugins.

Report back.

Don't worry, you can uninstall my plugins later if you don't like them.

11 hours ago, JMC said:

@otuncelli Hi, one more question for you. I am trying to install this set of plugins - Paint.NET Effects (telenet.be)
Each time I run the installer I receive a message which says - Paint.Net is not installed. Any ideas here? I tried to drag the DLL file into the effects folder but that did not work either.

The installer for this plugin pack doesn't seem to support Store version unfortunately. I recommend BoltBait's plugin pack.

Edited by otuncelli

10 hours ago, BoltBait said:

@JMC try installing my plugin pack: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113220-boltbaits-plugin-pack-for-pdn-v4212-and-beyond-updated-july-16-2020/?ct=1635397593

It has an installer and although it will tell you that it can't find Paint.NET (because you have the store version), that's ok.  Just bypass that prompt and when the main screen comes up, check the box for the store version.

It will create the proper directories for the store version for you and install my plugins into them.

Restart Paint.NET and see if you can see my plugins.

Report back.

Don't worry, you can uninstall my plugins later if you don't like them.

Thank you sir, will certainly check this out. The plugin I am after is the "color accent" tool. Does your pack have something similar?