Removing texture from scanned photo on canvas

I have scanned a print of my uncle's US Marines graduation photo.  It's printed on canvas, so it has a texture.  (Olan Mills produced it.  I remember that name from my school pictures.)

I've done a few searches, but everything I see with the variations that include the word texture tells me how to add a texture.  And, search phrases with the word canvas tell me about various adjustments I can make to the Paint.NET canvas element.

I would expect that this is not a rare need.  Is there already a filter to address this?  Or, a set of steps that would clean up the image?  Or, is there a setting/filter I should choose in the aftermarket scanner software I'm using, Vuescan?

Thanks,

Drake

Sorry, I need more help.  I searched the forum and found ArgusMagnus' FFT effect, and installed it.  But, the only control is a dropdown to choose the channel.  The FFT turns my image completely blue and the iFFT turns it black.  Changing the channel doesn't have any noticeable effect.

Is there a different plugin/effect I should be using?

• 4 weeks later...