Help making background of an image transparent

Hello. I need some help in trying to make the background of an image transparent.  I recently purchased an image from a website and I was under the assumption the the background would be completely transparent upon buying it, since the background was the same pattern as something that'd be transparent (except it was black and gray instead of white and gray), but sadly it wasn't and I'm not sure how to make it so. The image in question is posted below.  If anyone could help me fix this I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

If there's a setting or something that will make the background transparent, but keep effect perfect, I would appreciate if someone could tell me about it. Thanks.

iStock-1014508742 (1).jpg

Often in image packs you get a JPEG and a PNG, TIFF, PSD, AI, or a EPS file, all but the JPEG can contain the transparent Alpha channel.

The image that you posted appears to be made translucent or semi-transparent. Why is that?

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HyReZ said:

Often in image packs you get a JPEG and a PNG, TIFF, PSD, AI, or a EPS file, all but the JPEG can contain the transparent Alpha channel.

The image that you posted appears to be made translucent or semi-transparent. Why is that?

I'm not sure. There's no option or anything to make the background completely transparent, even though it says you can place it on a transparent background.

7 hours ago, welshblue said:

I'd go back to Shutterstock and see if there's another download option.  How did you save it ?

Whatever you do to it in PDN you're going to lose the integrity of the image.  At least to my limited knowledge of editing

There's only different options to save different resolutions, but no option to save it as completely transparent like the title says. 

12 minutes ago, welshblue said:

@ @Wzards

wzard.jpg

If you're downloading the .jpeg type file it doesn't support transparency ... if you've downloaded the EPS

Try https://inkscape.org/ ... I've never used it but I think it opens EPS files

When I download the EPS file it tries to open it with notepad and when I try to open it through inkscape it says the file type is unsupported or something.

Here is a link to a PDN filetype plugin that will enable it to read PS, EPS, and AI filetypes:
(The Plugin requires Ghostscript and a link to it is provided)

Follow the read me instructions that comes within the zip archive containing the plugin.
When opening the .eps file with PDN make sure you check the transparency box of the dialog box that will pop up before the file is opened.

Edited by HyReZ
inserting additional information
  • Like 1