Missing Project from Streams?

I've been using paint.net for quite some time now and I recently started streaming for the past few months with no hiccups to report.  However, that changed when for some reason my stream screen doesn't show the image I'm working on but everything else from the program is displayed.  Colors, layers, timeline etc.  I've uninstall and reinstalled Streamlab OBS thinking the streaming service was messing up...didn't work.  Tried the OBS Studio next to see if it was Streamlab glitching.  What shocked me more is that it was doing the same exact thing as the previous OBS was doing.  So it seems paint.net's main projects don't want to be picked up  by my stream.  Why is that and how do I fix it?

bandicam 2018-09-07 01-07-11-510.jpg

7 hours ago, pacificside18 said:

But it was working before with Window Capture for several months.  For some reason it simply just stopped working.  Hoping this isn't the start of my computer beginning to die...

Maybe... with paint.net 4.1, something made your system run in hardware accelerated GPU mode while previously it was running in software mode.

SettingsDialog.png

Turn "Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU)" off and see if that changes things?

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

45 minutes ago, Zagna said:

Maybe... with paint.net 4.1, something made your system run in hardware accelerated GPU mode while previously it was running in software mode.

Well, turning off the Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU) has returned my stream window to normal.  So a big thanks to you for that.  But why did it do that in the first place?  What's in patch 4.1 that could have caused that?  And most importantly is it dangerous to have it off?

30 minutes ago, pacificside18 said:

Well, turning off the Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU) has returned my stream window to normal.  So a big thanks to you for that.  But why did it do that in the first place?  What's in patch 4.1 that could have caused that?  And most importantly is it dangerous to have it off?

What are your system specs? CPU & GPU?

There was possibly some bug that disallowed your GPU before and now it is being used. Previously only your CPU was used for everything in paint.net. With 4.1, UI, compositing, couple effects and some other parts were done with your GPU because it can do those things much faster.

It is totally safe to turn off GPU acceleration but you are losing performance. Try doing your workflow with and without Hardware accelerated rendering, see if the performance boost from it is beneficial or not.

So which is better, software rendering & window capture or hardware rendering & monitor capture?

Edited by Zagna

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg