installing

I installed paint.net and went through process but it did not leave icon on desktop and when I went to look for it in program files I could not find it to add icon to the desk top I have windows 8.1 do I have to update to the new windows 10 to get it? Also looked in the program files(x86) as I have 64 bit it was not anywhere in that one either? please help thanks!

You'll need to install the .NET Framework separately. You can download it here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56115

You should be able to install paint.net successfully afterwards.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

To install the .net framework and paint.net, you'll need admin rights.

Install .net framework first and wait for it to finish, then run paint.net installer.

You can check to see if the .net framework is installed under Add or Remove a Program in the Control Panel (which you can get to by typing into the start menu).

If you finish both and don't see paint.net, look in C:/Program Files and C:/Program Files (x86) for a folder called paint.net.

If it's still not there, describe how far you got in the installation and paste any error messages you encountered (exact wording).