Can't load Paint.net

I recently tried to install the updated version of paint.net. I don't know what has gone wrong but every time i try to download the new version (or any version) i get the what you can see on the image below. I have no idea what it means or how to sort it. I even tried to uninstall the whole thing using the "add/remove programs" program. But i seem to get the same thing, saying that is couldn't do it because of this "PaintDotNet_1583777549.msi" thing, whatever that is?

Can someone please help me fix this problem?

I have tried contacting paint.net directly through the "contact us" page, but it would seem that no one is going to be getting back to me using that method. I have waited for 3 weeks now, contacting them on several occasions with no response.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

P.S If you can help, please consider the fact i am a complete novice with computers and can't understand anything to technical, so if you could keep it simple i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance all

Painterrorscreen.jpg

To install it correctly, drag the installer file from the zip folder to your desktop. Then click on it.

:!: Hard explanation :!: :

From within the zip-folder the installer cannot reach most of your computer's settings. Therefore, the file needs to be placed directly on your computer instead of running it from your appdate/temp folder.

To install it correctly, drag the installer file from the zip folder to your desktop. Then click on it.

:!: Hard explanation :!: :

From within the zip-folder the installer cannot reach most of your computer's settings. Therefore, the file needs to be placed directly on your computer instead of running it from your appdate/temp folder.

Thanks, have tried this but still get the same windows pop up as in the first post i made, can't even uninstall the whole program????

I sent you a PM with an alternative possibility. It ought to work now.

How does that help others with the same problem ?

Sorry Stephan to question your motives but PM'ing help should not be done as everyone should be able to get the same level of help from a public topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Make sure you got the .NET Framework installed or else Paint.NET will NOT install, run, or uninstall.

2. Cleaning out temp folder and rebooting may also help.