photo editing

Greetings Rich.Macabre.

Your first request about editing a picture of yourself to appear zombie-like has been asked before. I used the Forum search facility using the term 'zombie', having it return results as topics rather than posts, and this page of results turned up*:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/search.php?...submit=Search. You will find some interesting topics in there.

maybe not a zombie but just edit my pictures in a general manner?
Ouch, you could not have been more vague. In a 'general manner' could mean virtually anything. You will have to be more specific if you want certain help. For instance, do want to photo-manipulate where you grab two images and combine them, or do you want to distort facial features, or maybe recolour someone's bedroom to show them possible colour combinations for redecoration? It would help us if you had an example image(s) to present that had the sort of editing you are looking to achieve.

In the meantime, you could have a browse through the Help Files to get to grips the standard tools and effects, and the Tutorials section to see if anything tickles your fancy. The following topic was designed with the specific aim of giving important and useful links to a new user, maybe you can find something from there that will give you the means to learning photo editing: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25537

Anything from this helping you?

*you could have also focused your search further by having it return topics from the General Discussion section.

thx a lot Myrddin, ive been looking at the forums for about 2 days so im still new.
Well, if you ever need help, you're more than welcome to ask. Don't forget to keep the Rules in thought when next you post as we wouldn't want to have to lock a topic of yours because of a dodgy title ;).
glad to have a Moderator answer without biting my head off for being new ya know.
You won't find one of those moderators around these parts, nor members for that matter. We're a friendly bunch :).

Also, just letting you know that I use Paint.net primarily for photo editing and have been a user for a good long while now. So if you have an questions, feel free to ask me even through a private message, though it'd probably be better to post a thread.

I'll just start you off by advising you to look through the forums for a while and experiment with the tutorials that are here, practice your creativity and hone your skills.

I think the best thing about this program is that it teaches you how to work in steps in order to achieve an effect.