Printing pictures 2 x 2.5 inches on 4 x 6 paper

Hi

I am trying to find a way to print 4 different pictures each 2 x 2.5 inches on a peice of 6 x 4 inch paper, would someone please point me in the right direction for doing this please?

We have some silly photo frames that are 2 x 2.5 inches in size and my Epson Stylus SX115 doesn't have that size in its software.

Cheers

Derek

Edited by derekpayne

Hello Derek, welcome to the forum.

Can you successfully print 6" by 4" on your printer?
If so, then it should be relatively easy to turn 4 * 2.5" by 2" images into a 6" by 4" image.

Unfortunately the tutorial herehttp://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/20764-pictures-side-by-side-before-and-after-images/
seems to be missing images.

Basically:
1. Make sure all four images are the same d.p.i. and size. For printing 300 d.p.i. is recommended. So each image should be 750 pixels by 600 pixels (assuming 300 d.p.i)
- Use the Image/resize dialogue for this.
2. Create a new image big enough to contain all four smaller images. Edit/New image set the size to 1500 pixels by 1200 pixels.(300 d.p.i)
3. Now import each smaller image into a new layer and position as required. Image/Import from file, then the move tool. :MoveTool:
4. Finally flatten the image and save as a .png (or jpeg) and hopefully print ok.

This tutorial on d.p.i is useful reading too:http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/17049-dpi-and-you-understanding-resolution-for-print-and-web/

I hope that is what you meant. ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg