How to make pixel art?

Hello Sam and welcome to the forum :D .

You can make pixel art in PDN.  Basically you need to have a very small canvas size - about 80 x 80 and zoom in to see what you are doing.

Here is an example of how to set it up. 

Open Paint.net and draw your image, or upload something you like.  Resize the image down to the above dimensions and lower the opacity.  Make a new layer and use the pencil tool to fill each pixel with color.  Make sure the Background layer is unchecked.

N92kiF7.png

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @Sam.  Yes, when you re-size it you have to use the Neareast Neighbour option after you flatten & make it bigger.

ICy7bxp.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

You are very welcome @Sam.  I am in the middle of doing a tutorial and hopefully should be fininshed by the end of today.  I will post it on the forum when I'm done.

30b8T8B.gif