Making text curve?

• 2 months later...

Well, ok... newbie here. I do consulting work in business efficiencies, concentrating on private security companies. I prepare graphics of suggested changes... in this case, Im recommending a change in shoulder patch design.

Ive read the previous posts... but I still cant figure it out. In this example, I want to put the wording "PRIVATE SECURITY" in the banner panel at the top of this patch design, bending the letters to the curve of the panel WITHOUT distorting or shrinking the letters themselves.

Can somebody walk me thru it? Ive d/l Rec-to-Polar and all the other plug-ins but it just aint working for me yet. Thanks!

19527_0e40c9c311feaaf87f61eae1ebb8993b

Well, i'll be damned! Wow... thanks! In the example that I attached, that's how i've been forwarding my illistrations: adding the text with a line from the text to it's suggested location within the graphic. Now I can show what I REALLY mean! Fantastic!

Q: I'd like a'bit more "droop" to the lettering at opposite ends... I just need to adjust the X'Y axis, right? (dumb question, I know... but I aint had my coffee & donuts yet!) LOL :oops:

• 2 months later...

Thanks Ash.

FYI I did use Search for Annular and got ZIP.

I actually found I could do it in Word, using Word Art, then print to PDF using PrimoPDF, save it in PhotoShop as a .png file and import into Paint.Net.

A long-winded process but it got the desired result.

TFYH

GrahamB

Type text on a new layer,

use align object plugin to center the text,

then use tube effect plugin to curve the text.

Select the text :RectangleSelectTool: , then move :MoveTool: the selection to the location you want.

Merge text layer down.

Done.

Ash, I tried this, but it seemed to italicize the print, so I could not use it. It gave a great Tubular effect, which I have often wanted, and that was the first Plugin I have down loaded since starting with Paint.Net this month.

TFYH

Regards

GrahamB