All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @Rick Brewster Paint.net 5.1 will add Arabic, Romanian, Croatian, Bulgarian, and Serbian translation. So yeah! getting a new big update soon!
  3. Paint.net 5.1 will add Arabic, Romanian, Croatian, Bulgarian, and Serbian translation.
  4. Today
  5. Just a thought... Does it help your eyeballing of the vertical histograms if you increase the Levels Adjustment dialog's height so you have more space between the peaks and valleys.
  6. Finally got it figured out. Went into a windows reinstallation and it let me successfully download PDN! Thank you everyone for the help!
  7. May Update A single new plugin this month. Its an image steganography tool by new author Koimtzis. Welcome aboard! Image Steganography Tool Koimtzis Encrypts an image inside another image in a secure way and with a small reduction in quality. Extraction of the hidden image requires use of a password.
  8. ^ My bevel colors are not exact. The light color is too light and the dark color is too far away from the symbol's red. Treat all my suggestions as starting points which you should modify to your liking
  9. Hi @CybrRyno - welcome to the forum Plugins required: Bevel Selection & Outline Steps: Isolate the large symbol on its own otherwise transparent layer. How? Use the Magic Wand + Ctrl key and click on both parts. Press Ctrl + X to copy & delete from the first layer. Press Ctrl + Shift + V to paste the symbol into a new layer. The smaller letters have a suble bevel. You can see this as a lightening of the north and west edges. Select the symbol again. Apply Selection > Bevel Selection with Depth 5 & Strength 2.0. Light Color: 165,50,50. Dark color: 99,32,45. The next thing to add is the outline. It's color is something like 65,0,0. Deselect the symbol and run Outline Object with the color mentioned and radius =3. Final thing is a drop shadow. Effects > Object > Drop Shadow. Radius 11, Distance 7, Opacity 0.9, color Black.
  10. Hey all, Looking for some direction toward how I can recreate the formations I applied to the text in each of these images and apply them to the symbol in the image. As you can see, the text pops in both images nicely, but the symbol looks very flat in comparison. I tried to paint the symbol to match the text, but with the curves and corners it looked awful, and it took hours. Plus, I'm just not great at painting. Are there any plugins that can help me with this? I've got a few, but I haven't found the right tool yet, or I just don't know how to use them properly. If someone could point me toward a helpful tutorial, that'd be great too. I'm afraid I don't know how to describe what I need clearly enough for any search engine to give me sufficient results. Thanks!
  11. Yesterday
  12. !!! this seems like a pretty good kludgey solution! and i might have rushed the explanation and done it poorly 😅 but the kind of challenge that i most commonly run into is like... there are times when i want to use the shape of the input histogram and the peaks and valleys there as points of reference for where I want things to be on the output histogram, (like "the car's color is accurate, and guessing based on rgb values and area ratios, i think these humps come from the car so I want them to end up back where they started") and for whatever reason it's much harder for me to eyeball "are the peaks of these slightly-differently-shaped humps lined up" when they're side-by-side as opposed to stacked top-and-bottom thank you so much, though, I'm definitely going to attempt the "use screen capture program to rotate histogram in real time" thing you thought up... [post-fact edit -- I'm holding off on marking a solution *just yet,* against the off chance that there does exist something that has this function]
  13. Welcome to the forum @TheGirlWarlock Personally I would persevere with the current Levels Adjustment dialog and try to train your mind to think about the RGB levels running vertically from 0 at the bottom to 255 at the top. In the end, that will be a lot easier than getting a crick in your neck, screen-snipping and rotating the histograms, or developing a plugin. Your wish (with a bit of lateral thinking) is my command... In the screenshot below, I have laid out my screen with: paint.net on the left the Levels Adjustment dialog top right and the multimedia app PotPlayer from https://potplayer.daum.net/ bottom right Right-click on PotPlayer and from the menu select Video -> Screen Rotation -> 90 degrees Rotation Right-click on PotPlayer again and select Open -> Open Screen Capture - or just press the shortcut Ctrl+S This will open a Camera window, which you can drag and resize so that it sits over the Levels Adjustment dialog as shown in the screenshot below. Everything that is under the Camera window will be displayed in the PotPlayer window but rotated by 90° clockwise. When you adjust the controls in the Levels Adjustment dialog you will see the changes live in the PotPlayer window. To stop screen capturing, right-click on PotPlayer and select Close Playback I'm sure there are other live screen capture apps that can do this, but as I use PotPlayer anyway, it seemed like the easiest kludgey solution.
  14. i use the Levels adjustment feature to do some very simple, very low-effort brightness-and-contrast editing for friends' photos and such. The feature is very intuitive and I can get good results. The only snag i have is that certain adjustments and comparisons of input vs output histograms are hard for me to visualize and put together in the vertical layout; i find myself tilting my head 90° to the right to try and make sense of it, or screen-snipping the histograms so i can rotate them and get a look at them in the orientation that makes sense to me. So to make my life easier (and save my neck) i'd love to have a way to display the histogram horizontally. search function in the forums didn't really seem to reveal much; some things relating to a recent bug affecting plugin development, perhaps? but nothing that looked like a plugin accomplishing this; pyrochild's Curves+ has the kind of horizontal histogram that I'm interested in, but (while I haven't actually installed and used that plugin) it doesn't look like it gives the kind of b/w/g point adjustment I want--at least, not in the format of the Levels tool that I already know how to use... so yeah--all i'm really looking for is a clone of the function of the existing Adjustments>Levels tool, with the histograms rotated 90° clockwise--example mockup attached. if there's an existing plugin that does that and i'm just not finding it, i'd love someone to show me i'm dumb. the process of creating a plugin looks daunting, but if a plugin to retrieve this histogram info' and then display it horizontally would actually be easy for a girl with next-to-no coding experience then like... i don't want someone to give a step-by-step, but some guidance on how to go about making some kind of kludge to accomplish this would also be appreciated. (i know plugins can't really change existing UI elements, and that a plugin doing this would be something you choose instead of the built-in levels adjustment, not a change to the UI when selecting the built-in adjustment)
  15. Yes - that's what I was trying, somewhat clumsily, to say. 😆
  16. Hello Ego Eram Reputo, thousend thanks for this mini tutorial, I'll study it and let's see how further I come. Very nice of you - really appreciated 😀 Have a nice weekend, Sergio
  17. I said it could be as simple as a Windows Update being installed. "Another installation is in progress" couldn't refer to PDN in this case. But, in any event, Windows isn't lying. Another installation ... of something ... is in progress.
  18. As @Rick Brewster has suggested, it is likely that it is not a previous paint.net installation that is in progress. It is some other installation that is 'stuck'. If you Google search for the error message "Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install" then you'll find several possibilities for investigation.
  19. I've seen this for Stable Diffusion grid outputs, where you tell it to generate like 9 variations across 10 different models.
  20. It is absolutely 100% without a doubt signed correctly. If it weren't, everyone else would be seeing this failure and my inbox would be overflowing. Also, I would've fixed it at some point in the last 2 months since this version was released. The problem is definitely on your end.
  21. The certificate looks fine to me. Please ensure Windows Update has been run, and is up-to-date.
  22. it seems the file is not properly signed by dotpdn. LLC. ref.paint.net.5.0.13.install.x64.exe(signed 2024-03-06 DOTPDN LLC)
  23. I just checked digital certificate of the downloaded file, and the certificate is valid from 2024-03-05 to 2024-03-08, so it make system show to the message, Thank you. Serial Number : 330000d001fa4427803538a45200000000d001 CN = DOTPDN LLC O = DOTPDN LLC L = Kirkland S = Washington C = US Trusted Signing by Microsoft Public RSA Time Stamping Authority is valid from 2024-02-16 to 2025-02-16
  24. Last week
  25. Let's unwrap this a bit. I'll try to explain what I'm seeing and what I'd try. Ignoring the small inset square for the moment, the rest of the panel has three parts which are at different heights: Main body bevelled surround of the grey panel - this is higher than the body grey panel is inset (lower) than the body Assuming the lighting is illuminating the scene from top left, we can apply highlights to all raised edges facing the light. Similarly, apply darkening to the edges facing away from the light. Bevel Object plugin is great for this! Those raised pieces will cast shadows from the darkened edges. Use Drop Shadow to create these. Remember these shadows are cast away from the light source and are soft-edged. The thicker the object, the longer the shadow should be. The grey panel will only have shadows cast on it by the body and raised bevel. It will create no shadows of it's own. Final assembly I've over-emphasised these for demonstration purposes. You will want to apply the effects much more subtly. If you create your elements each on their own layer, applying the same effect to multiple items is a breeze. I used the same drop shadow settings for the bevelled surround and the body, but applied the effect twice to the body (assuming it was twice as thick).
  26. The image is too big .... different formats have different maximum sizes. There is no way around this. There is nothing you can do other than reduce the size of your image. PDN has no maximum size, although File->New won't let you go above 262,144px (you'd need like 512GB of RAM to work with an image like that and it would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper duper slow ...)
  1. Load more activity