setting up PAINT.net with the right/best plug-ins

It is 4/12/17.  I have just installed 4.0.15.  What is the best and most recent package of plug-ins that provides a comprehensive set effects and files?  Most of what I do is to assit with use of PowerDirector14 video editing.  So I would like to add fancy titles, logos, pngs as masks.  I am not an artist ( though I wish I were that talented).  I have had trouble with Alpha Mask to make embossed and engraved lettering/titles.  specifically this one

There's really no easy answer to what you're asking. There are so many factors. (the task at hand, what style you're looking for, ect.)

I would recommend starting with the plugins that are needed for the tutorials you're following.

21 hours ago, ChrisL said:

... What is the best ...

In terms of mass appeal, I'd say BoltBait's plugin pack is the one.

A lot of plugins are sort of niche.

most recent

Age is irrelevant. Plugins either work or they don't. 99% of the plugins here on the forum work fine. The few that don't are marked as such.

I have had trouble with Alpha Mask to make embossed and engraved lettering/titles.  specifically this one

I've never used that tutorial before, but if you post in that forum thread about the specific step you're stuck on, someone will help you. There are a lot of nice people here.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab