Im having trouble reinstalling Paint.net (right board?)

I had installed paint.net a couple days ago, and got carried away with plugins. I decided to uninstall it to get rid of everything. Well I wanted to reinstall it but now it wont let me :( I tried downloading the .NET thing from microsoft and the computer told me I have a newer version of it already on my computer. I tried installing it after it said that, but it still wont let me. Suggestions and help would be absolutely lovely. Its driving me insane, and i really want Paint.Net back.

You have trouble that needs shooting, so this seems the right place to post it.

As for your issue, have you restarted your computer at any point? It may be a simple case that your computer needs to 'adjust' to installing/uninstalling components here and there.

And you say you have the latest .NET Framework installed, so 2.0 or higher? You can check this by going to Control Panel > Add Remove Programs and browsing through the list. If you have the latest Framework, then you should have little resistance to installing it.

Also, was it you who installed it the last time? Because it could be an account privilege matter.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I am a little distracted, but I feel you should at least have someone try and help - we can't leave you drifting without Paint.NET for too long.

Okay , I restarted the computer and it still wont let me download it :(

I was the one who downloaded it lastime. I downloaded it to my mp3 which I use as my memory stick. It worked perfectly last time. (except for plugins, but Ill ask about that later hopefuly.)

And I have .Net Framework 3.0 I believe, but there also 2 others thats not as new on there. So, now what?

please and thank you.

...it still wont let me download it
Aha! Perhaps this is your culprit. May I ask, from where are you downloading Paint.NET?

Better yet, download from this location, which is the official site of download (one of many, I might add), and whether you have from here before or not, then try and install again.

Just unzip the download then proceed to the install. See if works out for you.

-----

Regarding your Frameworks, they seem to be in order. However, if the above fails, I have a further suggestion for that. But for now, one thing at a time.

Do as Myrddin says to see if that works. If not can you give some detail.

You say you uninstalled Paint.NET, how did you uninstall it ? Paint.NET has to be uninstalled by the add remove programs in control panel. If you just deleted it then it will still be in registry.

you may find this topic of help.

PROBLEMS WITH INSTALL UPDATE OR UNINSTALL? READ THIS.

I would more than happily do all those things, but now im having a diffrent problem all together. :cry:

Dont know if you can help with this, because it has nothing to do with Paint. But now, I cand get to my Removable Disk (E:) Whenever I plug in my mp3, it automatically wants to download songs. Before I restarted the computer it showed up in Removable Disk (E:). Theres probably a simple solution, but microsoft does not want to answer it. I am not technologicaly inclined, if you havent noticed.

okay, my mp3 problems are fixed! (turns out all I had to do was hold down a button :oops: )

Anyway I tried (again) to download paint.net and something popped up. It said it have problems reading this:

E:\stagging\PaintDotNet_1389621500.msi

I have no idea what that means so i hope that helps. Again, please help me fix this. Please and thank you ^^

Do as Myrddin says to see if that works. If not can you give some detail.

You say you uninstalled Paint.NET, how did you uninstall it ? Paint.NET has to be uninstalled by the add remove programs in control panel. If you just deleted it then it will still be in registry.

you may find this topic of help.

PROBLEMS WITH INSTALL UPDATE OR UNINSTALL? READ THIS.

I will just qoute myself instead of typing it all out again. Also to add to my quote clear your temp folder.

In the Plugins section, there is a general troubleshooting thread. If it's a problem with a specific plugin, post it in the thread for that plugin.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You're welcome, and thank you!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.