editing a picture

i had paint.net for a while and im awful at it but i really need to edit an image......

i like how the image fades, but i wish i could have the top part of the T in black, and have the fade effect down in silver and orange like down the horizontal line.......thnks a lot if i describe it confusinling just let me know and i will try to explain it again

i had paint.net for a while and im awful at it but i really need to edit an image......

i like how the image fades, but i wish i could have the top part of the T in black, and have the fade effect down in silver and orange like down the horizontal line.......thnks a lot if i describe it confusinling just let me know and i will try to explain it again

Hello, Klayne8, I understand you're new but please read the rules. Threads with titles like this are not allowed. I suggest you change it before the mods lock. Once you've done this, I'm sure we can all help you.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but as I said, a thread titled: "Newbie wit a Request" is NOT allowed.

T.png

If this is what you mean

Step1 - Make a new layer

Step2 - Crop out as much white space as you can with rectangle selection

Step3 - Fill the top layer Black

Step4 - Choose the Gradient tool and set it to transparency mode :AlphaChannel:

Step5 - Starting form the top of the image drag down

Step6 - Using the eraser round the edges off the top of the black layer

Step7 - Press Ctrl+Shift+R (resize canvas)

Step8 - Make the anchor the center

Step9 - Make the canvas bigger

Step10 - Save