Not able to initialize Paint.NET

Hi,

ok here's the deal:

I've got a major problem.

Each time i launch paint.net, the error report message appears almost immediately. I've tried several times to reboot my computer and trying again but it won't work. I then tried to install the newest version. Each time I launched the setup file I downloaded off the official Paint.net page after a few seconds when the initializing installation bar gets to the 1/4 of it, the error report message comes on again. I've also tried to remove paint.net several different ways, none of which have worked. I used the add/remove tool from the copntrol panel, the windows installer clean up utility and neither of them were successful.

Help!

Did you try repairing the .NET Framework?

If not, please do. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do it. I'd post 'em anyway but I just woke up and my brain is not quite up to anything beyond the desire for food right now...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

ok now i keep getting error over error. i did what you said (i like pi) and it said some file was missing and i should dawnload the pack again, which is what i did. second attempt to repair, it said some error occurred for more infor mation to troubleshoot got to the web pege etc. for error info see error log. what on earth is happening???

1635 is "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package"

What OS are you running ? and what .NET Framework are you trying to install ?

Also uninstall Paint.NET and then use the windows installer clean up utility to remove any bad installs of Paint.NET that may be still there from your system. We need to get the .NET working before the Paint.NET can work. After that Uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 if they are there. Now reinstall .NET Framework 2.0 and only 2.0 for the moment. Then try to install Paint.NET. Note: You should login as an Admin.

Let us know the end result.

From what I can tell is that you are trying to install or have install a higher version of .NET Framework and have uninstalled a lower version of it. Thing is the higher version is looking for the lower version as it needs to grab something from it in order to run.

I'm running a windows xp SP2 home ed. version 2002. I'm currently trying to repair the .NET framework 3.0 which was already installed but started to go wrong.

I'm unable to perform any installation or uninstallation concerning either the .net frmework or paint.net itself. the only thing i could do is delete the files manually but i know that no computer likes that to be done. The windows installer clean-up utility says it is successfull yet all the files concerning paint . net are still there.

Paint.NET should never be delete as it can't reinstall itself after. That why you would need to use the windows installer clean-up utility to get rid of Paint.NET from the system as it was not uninstalled the way it should have been.

Seeing you can't uninstall .NET Framework which is really bad. Then I suggest installing .NEt Framework 2.0 and hoping that 3.0 will work. If not then there notthing I can do for you as I would still like to .NET 3.0 to be uninstalled and 2.0 installed but you can't uninstall .NEt Framework 3.0 which makes no sense.

Problem solved.

I removed all versions of the .net framework except v 1.1.

I downloaded v. 2.0 and 3.0 and installed them in that order.

I neednt uninstall paint.net and when i launched my previously installed paint.net it worked.

so thank you Hitman x and pyrochild for taking your time to help me.

cheers