Copy & Paste size problems

Joost9

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with Paint.net changing sizes of my image when copying and pasting. I have an image (a simple jpg photo) that measures 36 by 24 cm. When I cut a out a piece of my image of, for example 10 by 10 cm and paste it into a new image, the size suddenly becomes 7,5 by 7,5 cm. If I select the whole image and then copy it to a new image, Paint.net resizes it to 27 by 18 cm, again 75% of the original image (with an other photo Paint.net constantly resizes the cutout to 333%).

I have noticed this only happens with original images. If I use the new image (of 27 by 18 cm) to work with, Paint.net does keep the correct measurements when cutting out pieces and pasting it into an other image or new image. Because I need the true size of objects in photo's, this can be quite annoying.

Is this a bug, or is it just me????

Thanks a lot,

Joost

• 2 months later...

Hey, Pipp? Not helpful. Please don't post unless you have something in the way of a solution to the problem.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.