PDN Crashing; font probelm?

I'm sorry if there is something about this posted already. I've read through a lot of information and still not seen this. I may just be blind.

I have been using PDN to try a new tut I found; that I enjoy. I used a certain font and I couldn't remember the font name so I was scrolling through them one by one. What happens it crashes; and tells me there is a note on my desktop explain what happened.

I sent the e-mail in and restarted my computer.

I left it alone for a while; then went searching for the font. I found it and used it.

Then I went looking through my fonts again; I use it for maybe a minute or two then it crashes on me again.

This is the message I get.

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.22 (Final Release build 3.22.2933.24445)

Time of crash: 1/17/2008 6:50:21 PM

Application uptime: 00:13:34.2343750

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.832 x86

Processor: 2x "Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz" @ ~2992MHz (SSE, SSE2)

Physical memory: 1006 MB

Tablet PC: no

Updates: true, 1/14/2008

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Loaded assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=3.22.2933.24445, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.22.2933.24442, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.22.2933.24440, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.22.2933.24441, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.22.2933.24441, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.22.2933.24442, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Data.dll

PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.22.2933.24443, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll

Border, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Border.dll

CodeLab, Version=3.20.2933.30843, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CodeLab.dll

Sparkles, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Sparkles.dll

Sparkle, Version=2.6.0.78, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Sparkle_Glitter.dll

Sparkle_Stars, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Sparkle_Stars.dll

Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll

WaterReflection, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\WaterReflection.dll

DdsFileType, Version=1.11.2933.24444, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes\DdsFileType.dll

Exception details:

PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.

at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)

at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawString(String s, Font font, Brush brush, RectangleF layoutRectangle, StringFormat format)

at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawString(String s, Font font, Brush brush, PointF point, StringFormat format)

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Fonts.DrawText(Graphics g, Font font, String text, Point pt, Boolean antiAliasing, FontSmoothing fontSmoothing)

at PaintDotNet.Tools.TextTool.DrawText(Surface dst, Font textFont, String text, Point pt, Size measuredSize, Boolean antiAliasing, Surface brush8x8)

at PaintDotNet.Tools.TextTool.DrawText(Surface dst, Font textFont, String text, Point pt, Size measuredSize, Boolean antiAliasing, Brush brush)

at PaintDotNet.Tools.TextTool.RenderText(Object lineNumberObj)

at PaintDotNet.Threading.ThreadPool.ThreadWrapperContext.ThreadWrapper()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Threading.ThreadPool.DrainExceptions()

at PaintDotNet.Threading.ThreadPool.Drain()

at PaintDotNet.Tools.TextTool.RedrawText(Boolean cursorOn)

at PaintDotNet.Tools.TextTool.FontChangedHandler(Object sender, EventArgs a)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at PaintDotNet.AppEnvironment.OnFontInfoChanged()

at PaintDotNet.AppWorkspace.ToolConfigStrip_FontTextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at PaintDotNet.ToolConfigStrip.OnFontInfoChanged()

at PaintDotNet.ToolConfigStrip.FontFamilyComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripComboBox.HandleSelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the one that had just appeared when Paint.NET crashed (just click and drag it from the "Fonts" folder to another folder). The .NET framework throws up its hands at bad fonts, and Paint.NET suffers for it.

See if that helps. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Fonts are system-wide, not just for Paint.NET. C:\Windows\Fonts. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

There's only one problem with that; I don't have a font folder in my paint.net folder.

And you shouldn't ;)

Fonts folder is in C:\Windows\Fonts

or wherever you have Windows installed.

EDIT: d.a always gets the first post...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!