Restore Sessions

I have a computer that crashes frequently (and freezes) when large amounts of loads occur at once, because of this, I frequently lose work when using Paint.Net, including when it crashes. I know that I should frequently save files, but I also do not have a good memory to do this, so it is a problem.

Could something be implemented, such as the feature in FireFox, when Paint.Net closes unexpectedly there is a screen that comes up saying:

"Paint.Net closed due to error. Would you like to restore the session?"

With the options of: "Restore" or "New"

Is this possible?

Save ridiculously often is the best help I can offer you. :wink:
Precisely. It always good practice to save regularly whilst working, for Paint.NET and for other programs too, whether the work is detrimental or not.

There have been discussions regarding auto-save features before, one of which lies here:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3679

A good read that topic, too, as it even has a lengthy explanation by Rick himself.

I make it a habit to hit save before I hit "New Layer" and most times I go to the Effects and Adjustments menu. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.