Problems with the 3.20 installer package.

I'm having problems with the installer package... When trying to install PDN 3.20 RC1, i get this error.

errorqr4.png

Is that something that concerns the installer package itself, something in my computer, or anything else?

Notes:

• [*:2k222u4u]I keep a backup of 3.10 with the dreaded polyline/bezier tools, in a separate folder.
    [*:2k222u4u]All other installing goes just fine.

I get the same error with server 2003 SP2, .Net 2.0 SP1. Final package, not the RC as above. I don't think it has to do with domain policies, since I used the administrative account (which I've exempted from all policies to make installs function). I did attempt the troubleshooting steps in the sticky, just in case. I'll try to install 3.10 in the meantime.

This is the first error message:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
  at PaintDotNet.SetupNgen.SHGetFolderPathW(IntPtr hwndOwner, Int32 nFolder, IntPtr hToken, UInt32 dwFlags, IntPtr pszPath)
  at PaintDotNet.SetupNgen.SHGetFolderPath(Int32 nFolder)
  at PaintDotNet.SetupNgen.MainImpl(String[] args)
  at PaintDotNet.SetupNgen.Main(String[] args)

And this is from the event log:

Product: Paint.NET v3.20 -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action _577D73A5_8502_4A32_A3DC_26C3DEF80357, location: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\SetupNgen.exe, command: /install DESKTOPSHORTCUT=1 PDNUPDATING=0 SKIPCLEANUP=1 "PROGRAMSGROUP=" QUEUENGEN=1

Okay... Now that i copied the old version to C:\Program File\Paint.NET, it tries to install, and freezes at the removing of the older version. Then it tells me it can't find C:\Program File\Paint.NET\Staging\PaintDotNet_81896644.msi ...

EDIT: Fixed it. Downloaded 2.72 (Blast from the past) And upgraded from there. At last!