Paint.Net for non-winows platforms

I haven't read if anyone else has already posted about this, but I thought I'd throw this out.

I've been working on getting Paint.Net 3.10 to run under Mono in Fedora 8 for the past couple of hours. It would work, except for all of the unmanaged code being used (like from kernel32.dll and gdi32.dll). I'm a little new to Linux, so I don't know if there are any applicable Linux replacements. But, it would rock if a version of Paint.Net was made that didn't rely so heavily on unmanaged code (or at all). I'm sure it would run slower, because I'm familiar enough with that aspect of programming, but at least it would run wherever Mono existed. In fact, Mono almost ran the Paint.Net installation for Windows (but crashed the first time it tried to use a windows DLL that doesn't exis in Linux). I'm just saying, I'm slowly converting to Linux, and Paint.Netux would be cool.

I haven't read if anyone else has already posted about this, but I thought I'd throw this out.

I've been working on getting Paint.Net 3.10 to run under Mono in Fedora 8 for the past couple of hours. It would work, except for all of the unmanaged code being used (like from kernel32.dll and gdi32.dll). I'm a little new to Linux, so I don't know if there are any applicable Linux replacements. But, it would rock if a version of Paint.Net was made that didn't rely so heavily on unmanaged code (or at all). I'm sure it would run slower, because I'm familiar enough with that aspect of programming, but at least it would run wherever Mono existed. In fact, Mono almost ran the Paint.Net installation for Windows (but crashed the first time it tried to use a windows DLL that doesn't exis in Linux). I'm just saying, I'm slowly converting to Linux, and Paint.Netux would be cool.

Read the Popular Requests Thread.

* Andrew D wishes he had a clapper for when he clapped a thread would be locked

Check the FAQ at the top of this page. It talks all about why Mono is not supported.

Paint.NET is developed by Rick and his 2-man design team of he and himself. The system resources are already built, and Paint.NET is already built upon them. Since those system resources exist everywhere Paint.NET is officially supported, there's really no reason to rewrite replacements.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype