Can you use animated .GIF on PDN?

Hey i've been playing with PDN and all the plugins, fonts etc. for about 3 months now. But i was wondering, Can you convert video to animated GIF using PDN? If no does anyone know how to do it then input it into a photo in PDN? I have searched around for a while but have found virtually nothing.

Thanks for any help,

Marc :)

Please read the rules. This thread title is far too generic.

In answer to your question - PdN is not an animation program. You can save the frames using the program, but no, you cannot animate it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

sorry bout that i fixed the title. i am new to the whole computer scene so i'm not too fond with computer programs. do you know what some of the better programs are to animate videos into .GIF?

i am interested in embedding a video into my sig but wasnt sure how i could do it. cuz i've seen a lot of people have em before.

There's a tutorial here [ link ] that explains how to use UnFreez, another free program, to create an animation out of a string of images. You can use Paint.NET (any graphics program would work, but this is the PDN forum after all :wink:) to create the frames for the animation.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

There's a tutorial here [ link ] that explains how to use UnFreez, another free program, to create an animation out of a string of images. You can use Paint.NET (any graphics program would work, but this is the PDN forum after all :wink:) to create the frames for the animation.

thanks for the link it has been very helpful so far. does anyone know what programs to use when i want to convert video images(mp4, etc.) into an animated .gif?

I don't think you understand what an incredibly difficult thing you're asking for. Such a program doesn't exist, to my knowledge- but it can be done manually.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I don't think you understand what an incredibly difficult thing you're asking for. Such a program doesn't exist, to my knowledge- but it can be done manually.

actually i have found a program that does it. and it works great. you just put in the file and select the part of the video you want for the .GIF and then you hit create avatar and you got an animated .GIF out of a video file :P . It's called Video Avatar.

Can you use an animated .GIF in PDN? cuase i was thinking of making a sig with one in my sig. but could i do that?

Wow! I'm amazed. I didn't know such a program existed...what is it called?

You can use an animated GIF as your sig or avatar on this forum, but as I said above, Paint.NET itself can not create an animated GIF. If you try to open one with this program, you'll only see the first frame.