how to make animations using paint.net explained for dummies

Hi everybody!

I am Topezia, new to Paint.net but already severely addicted to... :wink:

Is there anybody out there willing to explain (in dummies' terminology) how to make image animations using paint.net ? I got the unfreez program and I tried to follow the steps illustrated in the "How to make animated images using paint.net" tutorial but there must be something (there surely must be..) i do wrong cause when i tried to make the spinning effect using a "planet-like" image i previously made with paint.net and following the suggestions given (to rotate the image of 15 degrees with 3d plug in until reaching 360°) then saved each different layer as gif when i finally put all the images in unfreez it only came out 1 single image and nothing happened :oops: .

When i tried instead to sketch a very simple figure waving hands the animation came out right.

Thanks everyone,

Ciao

Topezia

Topezia

Right click the saved file and open it with windows media player, i think that should work

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

It sounds like you're trying to make it, and it's not coming out right...correct?

Well, if all the frames are done correctly, it's just a matter of making sure they were all saved as .GIF files and placed into unFREEz in sequence. If that didn't work, then unFREEz is probably having a problem. Not something I'm knowledgeable on, sorry. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thank you both!

I tried to open it in windows media player but it did not work.

Yes I think the problem is that! I am afraid my procedure in making the image sequences is wrong.

Unfreez works when i make a simple animation (i.e. sketching a little man) then do the save as gif ,etc. procedures.

For the spinning world i used an image i previously made with paint.net , opened it, then duplicate it, then using 3d sphere plug-in applied a 15° degrees rotation and again duplicating and applying a further 15° degrees rotation for each single layer until complete rotation, then saved each single layer as gif (doing flattening and then going back and unflatten again to save 2nd layer, etc.) :oops: (and I only obtained 1 single image :lol:)

I know it sounds weird but being a very unskilled "forrestgump" user when I do not understand completely a tutorial I keep proceeding by attempts and experiments (and lots of failures :lol: )

Grazie ragazzi (thank you boys)!

Topezia

Right click the saved file and open it with windows media player, i think that should work
It sounds like you're trying to make it, and it's not coming out right...correct?

Well, if all the frames are done correctly, it's just a matter of making sure they were all saved as .GIF files and placed into unFREEz in sequence. If that didn't work, then unFREEz is probably having a problem. Not something I'm knowledgeable on, sorry. :-)