How do we put backgrounds on our pics?

There are no 'z's in 'please'... >_>

Anyway, to change the background on a picture, first you have to cut out the part you want. This can be accomplished several ways, some easier, some more time intensive.

Then, once your subject is cut out, paste it into whatever background you'd like, or paste it in a new layer of a new image and create the background behind it.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

hello all, I'm an other newbie, it hasn't been a week since ı met paint net. I'm browsing forum but the best way to learn is trying I think. About this thread, in a tutorial to remove background adjusting tolerance to appropriate level then using the magic wand and using cut on the selected area is told. Can't we do this in all pictures, finding the appropriate tolerance and using magic wand and cut several times, ultimately erase the remaing parts. Will it be so obscene?

Andrianna, please open Paint.NET and hit the F1 key.

lethe, sometimes the magic wand isn't the best advice to select something.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

If the problem you are having is that the pic you paste covers the entire canvas, create a new layer (using the convenient toolbar in the bottom right corner of your screen), lower the new layer down below the original layer (the one you were cutting out of), then paste your desired background into that (the new, blank) layer.

If the problem you are having is that the pic you paste covers the entire canvas, create a new layer (using the convenient toolbar in the bottom right corner of your screen), lower the new layer down below the original layer (the one you were cutting out of), then paste your desired background into that (the new, blank) layer.
Oh alright thx