Help a Newbie in Need..

I'm a newbie, but I'm not necessarily in need. I was wondering how AND why topics get sticky'd. :?: Can regular users sticky a topic or can anyone do it? Maybe only administrators can do it? Does it get sticky'd because of its popularity? Like I said, I'm a newbie to Paint.NET and so I wasn't quite sure about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks my fellow Paint.NET'ers! :D

Hi. This is my signature. :)

I'm a newbie, but I'm not necessarily in need. I was wondering how AND why topics get sticky'd. :?: Can regular users sticky a topic or can anyone do it? Maybe only administrators can do it? Does it get sticky'd because of its popularity? Like I said, I'm a newbie to Paint.NET and so I wasn't quite sure about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks my fellow Paint.NET'ers! :D

Hi. This is my signature. :)

mods are regular forum users who get "promoted" by the administrators. It's their job to moderate the forums, making sure people post in the right forums, keeping profanity and questionable content out, helping other users, etc. They don't work for Paint.NET in the sense of getting paid, no.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

mods are regular forum users who get "promoted" by the administrators. It's their job to moderate the forums, making sure people post in the right forums, keeping profanity and questionable content out, helping other users, etc. They don't work for Paint.NET in the sense of getting paid, no.

xZYt6wl.png

There are two moderators: "Crazy Man Dan" and "BoltBait".

Those two poor, underpaid, fools mod the board along with Rick Brewster, the developer for Paint.NET.

Neither Crazy Man Dan nor BoltBait are affiliated with the development team... they just hung around the board so much that Rick had to either make them mods or start charging them rent. Since they were both broke, you see what happened... :D

Those two poor, underpaid, fools mod the board along with Rick Brewster, the developer for Paint.NET.

Neither Crazy Man Dan nor BoltBait are affiliated with the development team... they just hung around the board so much that Rick had to either make them mods or start charging them rent. Since they were both broke, you see what happened... :D

Since when do you refer to yourself in the 3rd person? :roll:

They just hung around the board so much that Rick had to either make them mods or start charging them rent.

By that logic, usedHONDA should have been made a mod ages ago...

xZYt6wl.png

Since when do you refer to yourself in the 3rd person? :roll:

They just hung around the board so much that Rick had to either make them mods or start charging them rent.

By that logic, usedHONDA should have been made a mod ages ago...

xZYt6wl.png

pyrochild, The BoltBait is not pleased with your line of questioning.

Oh, and I think there is a clause in there somewhere about being mature. Although, if there is, I'm not sure how I slipped by.

BTW, the golden rule of modship is, "Never ask to be a mod. If a mod is needed, and you have proven yourself worthy, they will contact you."

pyrochild, The BoltBait is not pleased with your line of questioning.

Oh, and I think there is a clause in there somewhere about being mature. Although, if there is, I'm not sure how I slipped by.

BTW, the golden rule of modship is, "Never ask to be a mod. If a mod is needed, and you have proven yourself worthy, they will contact you."