Suggested feature - Free rotation of Text while typing.

cjmcguinness

I have a suggestion for a new feature related to the rotating of text while typing.

I have searched the forum extensively to see if this has previously been requested and could not find any similar posts, but I'll apologise in advance if this has been requested before.

While using the Text tool you can click on the crosshair nub to drag and reposition your text. I think it would be a great idea if you could also right-click on this nub and free-rotate the text at the same time.

TextRotate.png

I understand that you can type your text on a new layer, select it and use the Move Selected Pixels tool to rotate. I just think it would be cool if you could freely rotate the text as you are typing it.

This would save a little time and effort when placing angled test onto pictures and just make the Text tool a little cooler.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else thinks this would be useful.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

It will come when the "Text layers" will come.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

AHHH NO! can't wait that long...

*twitch twitch*

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 months later...

I agree. *flees forum b/f 18/100 magic user casts fireball*

"All I want is some stinking quiet" muttered the hardhat sitting at the barstool. Then he looked from his pint of amber to the blonde beside him and sighed, "I only came here to drink beer."