Installation error - "An installation is already running"

Hi Rick, ok I did some more thinking after reading this post you quoted about manually re-creating the MSI. I did not need to go as far as re-creating it manually (as an aside, doesn't it madden you how Windows is taking control away from us - no such thing as Start -> Run in Win 10!). Anyway, I unistalled paint.net with Windows Apps and Features and then installed previous version 4.0.5. Made a copy of the MSI for that one for comparison, uninstalled, installed 4.0.6 and this seems to have done the trick. The install actually finished properly and when I looked the MSI for the earlier version had gone and the one for 4.0.6 is there. Re-started Windows and everything still there and working.

Now, I recall distinctly that when everyting was going pear shaped there were wuite a few MSIs in the staging folder - about six or seven. That is probably one for every version I had before.

I sincerely hope this is the last time I need to post on this topic. Look forward to posting more interesting stuff in future. Thanks for your help and patience. I know us users can be a pain sometimes. I used to be on the other end of it too, but my developing days are long over and technology seems to have got ahead of me, now I am retired!

I'm glad eleonora was able to get Paint.net to install, but by not being a developer, I'm not sure what she did or if I should even try it. Is there a description...in layman's terms...of how do to download Paint.net in Windows 10?

ACMC, you just download and install it normally. There are only a few instances of this type of stuff happening, as far as I can tell.

(as an aside, doesn't it madden you how Windows is taking control away from us - no such thing as Start -> Run in Win 10!)

It's there. Right click on the Start button, or use Windows Key + R.

post-44714-0-00281300-1444407104_thumb.p

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg