PDN crash after update to 4.0.6

Hi all,

I'm hoping that you will be able to help me out. I have just installed the latest version of Paint.NET v 4.0.6 and left PDN to start up again after the update has completed. However PDN did not start up but gave an error (see below).

I tried un-installing PDN, restarting the laptop and re-installed but it still the error persisted. I tried the option to Run as Administrator but that did not help either.

Any other suggestions on getting my trusty paint.net working again?

---------------------------
Error
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.Direct2D.D2D.CreateFactory(Direct2DFactoryType factoryType, Direct2DFactoryOptions factoryOptions)

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Direct2D.CreateFactoryX64(Direct2DFactoryType factoryType, Direct2DFactoryOptions factoryOptions) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SystemLayer\Direct2D.cs:line 71

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Direct2D.CreateFactory(Direct2DFactoryType factoryType, Direct2DFactoryOptions factoryOptions) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SystemLayer\Direct2D.cs:line 86

at PaintDotNet.Direct2D.Direct2DFactory.get_PerThread() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Direct2D\Direct2DFactory.cs:line 70

at PaintDotNet.Controls.Direct2DControlHandler..ctor(IDirect2DControlHost host, FactorySource d2dFactorySource) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Framework\Controls\Direct2DControlHandler.cs:line 242

at PaintDotNet.Controls.Direct2DControl..ctor(FactorySource d2dFactorySource) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Framework\Controls\Direct2DControl.cs:line 137

at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.ExceptionDialog..ctor() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\ExceptionDialog.cs:line 221

at PaintDotNet.Diagnostics.CrashManager.ShowCrashLogDialog(String crashLogPath) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Diagnostics\CrashManager.cs:line 59

at PaintDotNet.Startup.StartPart2(String mutexName, String[] remainingArgs) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Startup.cs:line 572
OK   --------------------------- 

Regards,

Maartin.

Are you running any video card or video capture utilities such as Milrilis or EVGA Precision? Those are known to cause crashes like this. Also try updating your video card driver, restarting your computer, etc.

It's crashing while trying to show the error dialog ... if you go to the crash log folder, which will be something like C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\paint.net\Crash Logs, then find the newest one in there and paste its contents here (in a [ code ] block please).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg