remastering drawings in paint.net?

I think its technically very difficult and time consuming to retrace manga drawing in Paint.NET, especially without  a drawing tablet. You can paste a manga image such as that on a background layer then add another layer, select that second layer and draw the lines manually using the Line/Curve tool, with a different color such as dark blue or red and fill the gaps using the Paint Bucket then just use the Recolor tool to change the traced lines to black later on.

I think you better stick with just coloring the manga pages. Maybe use a secondary top layer with either a Multiply or Darken blending mode to put the color on because they work great on coloring black and white images. You are doing pretty OK.

I just did this on a doodle art I found on Facebook a few days ago. It was all black and white so I colored it. I also found a way to color the objects and characters there with a gradient so they sort of have shadings in them..

I typically use multiply and additive blending modes, which I think work great. but I'll keep in mind about the darken blending mode, thanks for the input. and also, wen i turn off the base layer I use as reference, if im not too messy you can still see what was going on in the manga, it's quite interesting to look at.

EVd1gES.png

If you're not too busy, why not volunteer yourself to a manga website to do some cleaning and coloring of the manga pages? Or maybe you are on your way to be one. They could always use some help.

I see you have not (yet) attempted to color the skins and faces of those manga characters on that page you posted above. A light peachy color will do.

I used to read manga too, finished reading some real good manga stories on sites like Mangafox but that was before I learned Paint.NET, sad that some stories never got their preceding chapters though.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're not too busy, why not volunteer yourself to a manga website to do some cleaning and coloring of the manga pages? Or maybe you are on your way to be one. They could always use some help.

I see you have not (yet) attempted to color the skins and faces of those manga characters on that page you posted above. A light peachy color will do.

I used to read manga too, finished reading some real good manga stories on sites like Mangafox but that was before I learned Paint.NET, sad that some stories never got their preceding chapters though.

Actually I did, but I had the intensity too low, since its my first time coloring faces.

EVd1gES.png