question on border

Hey, I made (see attachment) this in paint.net and specifically the border in the "effect"  "Borders N' Shapes.' I was using the 'move selected pixels' tool to get my text centered just right and then after I would make the adjustment, a big rectangle (basically right around the entire image) would show up on the screen, and I would use "deselect" to get rid of it, but the corners got permanently messed up. I tried to do a new border wit "Borders N' Shapes' but it didn't work. 

I even--I know, not the brightest thing, but I was kind of desperate at that point--tried using the rectangle tool and getting as close to the inside of the borders, cropping and selecting, and then resizing it to my original 1600x2400 but paint.net crashed when I tried that.

I'd really rather do it the right way anyway. I can go back and basically re-set everything, but I have changed fonts and font sizes and like I said I have the spacing just the way I want it, so it would be a fair amount of work to go through again.

So, do you guys know any way of restoring the border without changing the 1600x2400 dimensions? I had a 3 pixel light gray border. You'll see how it's goofy on the left upper and lower corners.

Thanks!

P.S. And how do I avoid those rectangles that show up (that I used the deslect to get rid of) when I use the move selected pixels tool to adjust individual text in the layers?

post-98269-0-02735700-1385432208_thumb.j

Give the border it's own layer. Use the same Borders N' Shapes plugin to start your border and use these settings:

Shape: Rectangle

Width: 3

Color: Light grey

Pattern: Solid

As for your second question, I'm not sure what rectangles you're speaking of. Is it the selection outline of the border with the nodes for resizing? If so, that can't be avoided.

Edited by DarkShock

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Give the border it's own layer. Use the same Borders N' Shapes plugin to start your border and use these settings:

Shape: Rectangle

Width: 3

Color: Light grey

Pattern: Solid

Thanks DarkShock, Did just what you said and it did give me the border but the upper and lower left corners are still funky. (See screenshot.)

post-98269-0-67393500-1385438895_thumb.j

I think the issue is probably your image dimension being 1600x2400. The plugin probably has a hard time working with large images, but don't worry there are plenty of ways to make a simple border.

1. Create a new image with the dimension 1594x2394

2. Delete the white in the background so that you have a transparent image

3. Set your secondary color to light grey (the color you want your border to be)

4. Hit Control+Shift+R to change your canvas size and use the following settings:

• Width:1600
  • Height:2400
  • Anchor: Middle
  • Make sure maintain aspect ratio is unchecked

5. Click OK. You should now have a 1600x2400 image that is just a light grey border

6. Copy the image and paste it on its own layer on your original image.

Good luck

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y