Position elements by coordinates

hyperLativ

Hi. I'm fairly new to PDN, but I'm looking to make the jump from Photoshop. I don't need that kind of power for my simple requirements.

Is there a way to position elements/objects/text by coordinates? This is my single biggest gripe with PDN.

PS: I couldn't find anything that answered this quiestion here in the forums, but in case I missed it, could you guys point me in the right direction?

If you like to edit objects after creation then it may be better to use an vector editor application like inkscape.

In Paint.NET you would place each object on its own layer. This allows you to move the objects later.

midoras signature.gif

If I understand correctly, midora, the OP's question is more about how to exactly place an item rather than how to move it.

Unfortunately, there's no way to, for instance, type in pixel coordinates and move the selection to that spot.  What you can do, however, is get it close with the mouse and move tool (watch the coordinates in the bottom right), then use the arrow keys to nudge it into place (Ctrl+Arrow key will move it in greater increments).  Hope this helps.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.