paintNet mistakenly turns photos from your phone at startup

Sergey

Hello

1) I enclose a screen shot in windows explorer icon which shows two photos.

2) I enclose two photos of the file from the phone.

3) I have attached two screen shots where are the paintNet loaded with photographs.

It is seen that paintNet mistakenly turns photos from your phone at startup.

I assume that you used in paintNet function System.Drawing.Bitmap (SourcePhoto) of  .NET Framework

4) I have attached a text file with sample code to demonstrate the erroneous operation of the System.Drawing.Bitmap (SourcePhoto)

For these photos, this function does not properly determine the width and height and mistakenly turns photos.

I ask you to inform Microsoft about this error for the release of an update for  .NET Framework.

Thank you. Sergey from
Ukraine

post-119141-0-07659200-1378410916_thumb.

post-119141-0-47115000-1378411037_thumb.

photo_1.zip

photo_2.zip

post-119141-0-38448100-1378411886_thumb.

sample_code_demonstrate_erroneous_operation_SystemDrawingBitmap.txt

Edited by Sergey

I'm pretty sure that the image has an orientation tag (maybe in exif data) and the image loader of Paint.NET will not evaluate the tag. No reason to blame the .NET framework ;-)

Windows Paint loads these photos without turning.

Windows explorer displays the icons of these photos without turning.

Paint.NET loads these photos and turn them.

Windows Paint, windows explorer and Paint.NET have to download these photos the same way or differently ???

Function System.Drawing.Bitmap () also loads the specified images and turns them.

I have personally tested the function System.Drawing.Bitmap () and make sure it is not working correctly with respect to these photos.

You can run a simple code that I gave and see for yourself.

I believe that the function System.Drawing.Bitmap () must be supplemented by an optional parameter that affects the work with tags.

Midora - It looks like Sergey knows that.  I doubt English is his first language, which may be the source of your confusion.  He's reporting a bug, and he's made it quite clear that he's aware that it isn't a huge issue.  Let's just leave it for Rick to respond to.  Not every thread has an answer :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Same for me. So sorry Sergey if the response sounded too harsh.

This was just a statement that I don't think there is an error. The behaviour is a matter of taste. Maybe it changes in the future because Rick already anounced to use a different image io interface.

midoras signature.gif

I apologize for my English.
My native languages ​​are Ukrainian and Russian.

I used the function System.Drawing.Bitmap () when programming the Web site.

Some customers on the site upload a picture from your phone, and some upload photos from the camera.

Those who upload photos from your phone are very surprised the result :))
At their home computers they see a normal picture, however, they see the rotated image on the site.

Here is a link to the example

http://dneprdom.ua/rent/33164

Function System.Drawing.Bitmap () was written much earlier than the tags appeared in the pictures.

It seems to me that the function System.Drawing.Bitmap () is deprecated and needs to be updated.

It is likely that Mitsrosoft does not know about it :))...

Program Paint.NET had been downloaded at least 4 million times or more.

Not less than half of the users have opened in Paint.NET photos from your phone.

At least half of them were surprised to rotate the picture.

One million bewildered people around the world - this is a good reason to creators Paint.NET asked Mitsrosoft upgrade outdated function System.Drawing.Bitmap ()

Sergey,

Yes, it sounds like a good idea. However, it may take a while to finally implement a change; there is only one developer for Paint.NET, and he develops the program as a part time side project. He may have fixed the bug in the upcoming version of the program, version 4.0.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Sergey,

Yes, it sounds like a good idea. However, it may take a while to finally implement a change; there is only one developer for Paint.NET, and he develops the program as a part time side project. He may have fixed the bug in the upcoming version of the program, version 4.0.

I have a few posts trying to prove that this is not a bug in Paint.NET!

No bug associated with the rotation of the image in Paint.NET does not exist!

Paint.NET is not necessary to correct.

A bug that I found is within. NET Framework

Rick is much closer to Microsoft than I

Big Rick authority enough to bring attention to Microsoft.

Only need the material in this forum thread to send NET Framework developers

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure that Rick would agree that he has authority with Microsoft, but I'm sure he's seen this thread.  :-)  Thanks.

Yes, he does.  I was making a joke.  I'm sorry it didn't come across.