OddLlama

Image Battles

Analysis

StarYoshi It's a well-crafted image. I can't think of much to improve on, assuming the butter is intended to look like that and the steak lines are thick and uniform on purpose. After all, it's a cartoon on purpose. It's good.

Nai, how in the world! I always reward the most astonishing and difficult images. You have to feel at least a little evil for submitting that in response to StarYoshi's though, right?

I have pointers for you. The reflection of the strawberry as viewed through the ice should be lighter (close to the color of the ice), harder to see in general, and less visible near the center where the viewer has to look through more ice to see it. I can see the bumps of the seeds on the shadow; maybe it should have a light blur? If the ice cube isn't a sublimating block of dry ice, it should have water droplets coming down from it.

Rating

Nai: 3 stars

StarYoshi: 1 stars

New Tally

Nai = :star: x12

StarYoshi = :star: x10

OMGosh ! 27b255bf.gif   Still!?   Has my absence from this Image Battle Post been so very missed that No One could get their finger/mouse in gear and VOTE?!?!?

These two fine entry's deserve  to be recognized for their merit, as well as their artists talent and effort.     OK RANT%20%20smiley-emoticon_zpsnfxem5jl.gi

****************************************************************************************************  

Nai  very clever arrangement ice and strawberry , use of color  and life like representations  :star: :star: :star:  

StarYoshi  Yours has the "cartoon-esk" look down pat. The colors are bright and fit the subject matter.  :star:   :star: :star: :star:

New Tally

Nai = :star: x15

StarYoshi = :star: x14

Winner:  NAI  

Well done to you both; Thank you for letting me see the entrys  and to glean ideas for future projects  2thumbs.gif.454c5d12189f17d52dfc417a66e1168a.gif

Edited by Scooter

I don't know if this is still active, but I have an image to upload, due to the inactivity I figured there were no ongoing decisions being made! Hope you enjoy!

‫ImageBattleEntryGOLD.jpg

I'm pretty sure this thread is dead, but I mean I'm already here...

Analysis

Wartrac you have an interesting... helmet adornment? The lighting directions for the left and right pieces don't match. The center of each piece is shaded in little centric rings, but they don't match the style of the lighted segments, so I don't think it was intended, in which case you should apply dithering. On the bright side, I like the way the lighting fades to a red hue at the edges.

StarYoshi yours involves lots of nice grass (which reminds me I need to distribute a brush pack for my brush factory plugin). I think the grass clashes with the mosaic of dirt and water though. I think I'm looking down into a pond that has a portal in front of it, which is showing me the fish at the bottom. The artistic style of the water at the top and the way the portal edges fade are pleasing to me.

I think both of them are fairly even because I recognize that both of them required a reasonable amount of effort, and this thread is probably dead, so I'll rush it along at 5 stars each.

Rating

Wartrac:  5 stars

StarYoshi:  5 stars

New Tally

Wartrac = :star: x5

StarYoshi = :star: x5

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
missing word fix
  • Like 2

Why Thank You Joshua. Though activity is lacking on this thread, perhaps your post may get the creative juices flowing once again.   juices flowing once again.    flowing once again.    flowing once again.    once again.    once again.    again.   again.    IS it just me or are we alone in here? here? here? here? here?  hummm.gif.5c34f83f27c24fbbe37a14998fd6de5f.gif

• Like 2

Nope. Two people agree to compete and you vote up to 5 stars for each of them until one of them hits 15 stars. The rules are started in the first post on the first page.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, LionsDragon said:

That's what I thought I'd read, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. :) Thank you!

With your skill(s) I bet you don't miss a thing, very often. 

The problem seems to be a " lack of competitive-comradery " as in days of old. [insert wise old  wizard here]   The beauty of the challenge is seeing others work and being able to comment/complement/critique  and back it up with your Star Vote. 

But perhaps the "fire of creativity" has burned out and only a small glowing ember is all that remains of the once great illuminating

conflagration!

OR I could be totally out to lunch and just too doofy to know it

• Like 1

Well, due to the inactivity I thought I would upload something else, a little GUI design I came up with! Let me know what you guys think!

After reviewing the rules, I suppose I should add that the NFL logos / images, Netflix, and YouTube logos were taken from their respective websites! The main purpose of this work is to showcase organization and sleekness!

CustomGUIEntry.jpg

Edited by Wartrac
updated to address rules.
  • Like 1

It looks sleek, but More Apps needs to be more prominent and placed further from the Youtube thumbnail to be clickable (especially on phones). The icon next to More Apps took real scrutiny to notice; perhaps it could be changed into a right-pointing white arrow or omitted.

As a splash screen

The design is nice, but I would place the More Apps button front-and-center, with the NFL, Netflix, and Youtube icons in a line below it. The main function of the splash screen is to handle transitions to a website where you will scroll through apps, so having a big button to get there is expected. In this design, I would not have a paragraph about the NFL.

As an interactive design

Assuming this isn't a splash screen, since thumbnails hug the sides of the screen, I don't expect to scroll through apps on this site in a left-right fashion (there isn't space to place indicative arrows). Scrolling up-down could work, but I would place other icons behind the black silhouette (so they're slightly darkened still, preserving focus on the center line of apps) to indicate that there are off-screen apps to scroll to. I would also expect that the NFL paragraph has been expanded by e.g. clicking or hovering on it. If that's the default, it would currently be awkward with the placement of More Apps. If the paragraph is always visible, it's visually unbalanced unless there are generally paragraphs on the left-hand side.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
  • Like 1