Image Battles

OddLlama

Hmm.... Very hard choice...

Yellowman's very realistic, but DD's has a nice flow

I think I vote for Yellowman, the orb in the middle of DD's just is... 'nothing', just an orb... Would be nicer if it would be a cool subwoofer or something I think, than you'd get the Ibiza Party idea with the palmtrees!

DD- :star: :star:

Yellowman- :star: :star: :star:

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Removed old scoring for clarity
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

I too like Yellowman's picture better. To me it's so photorealistic and as a totally 100% paint.net, I think it's quite impressive. DD's isn't a bad image, but imo it seems to lack something as Chimay pointed out to make it stand out more somehow.

DD: 2 Stars

Yellowman: 4 Stars

Edited by jim100361

I have no idea what this is supposed to be (my son reckon's its an alien getting sucked into a vortex), but I'll run with it any way:

dunnow.png

naturesig.png

I have no idea what this is supposed to be (my son reckon's its an alien getting sucked into a vortex), but I'll run with it any way:

dunnow.png

There is still a battle going on...

There is still a battle going on...

Ooops... I saw Yellowman with 3 stars and assumed the battle was done and dusted!

naturesig.png

We're trialing a new scoring system. The voter rates each entry out of 5, totaling the score as the comp progresses.

First entrant who reaches 20 wins.

We need Jim to edit his vote as it was based on the old system. Then he adds his score to the previous vote to give a running total.

Drewdale - Seems to be lacking something and it does have a few technical issues ( AA ) so therefore :star: :star:

Yellowman - A fantastic image and all the better for being 100%PDN ( I like the grass :) ) :star: :star: :star: :star:

Running score - Drewdale :star: x9

Yellowman :star: x15

Edited by minners71

I will slap this one into the battle field :D - I might as well get beat by the best ;)

LogoInCage.png

also all of it pdn.

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

Welshblue- Great piece of art, it reminds me of my earlier childhood, when I often played Chess or Checkers with my brothers and dad, sometimes I couldn't handle that I was losing and smashed the board all over the ground :$

Drewdale- Gj, nice 3D, only could use a bit more AA and a nice shadow on the PDN logo would be nice to look it more realistic and 3D :)

Welsh- :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

DD- :star: :star: :star:

Edited by chimay12321

Both of them are great! welshblue's is extremely realistic; The chips are extremely detailed, and the motion effect looks great! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: drewdale's looks so... surreal. I really like the extensive use of grids and geometric shapes! The brush popping out looks realistic too. :star: :star: :star: :star:

Total:

Welsh: :star: x10

DD: :star: x7

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

First entrant who reaches 20 wins.

I just noticed this. Should we have entered seing how no one has reached 20 stars / points.. whatever s ? :/ Yellowman only reached 15 and won. :/

BREtKQW.png

Welshblue - really feels like the pieces are flying, also like the black and white color scheme and the lighting. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

DrewDale - great idea, well done 3D effect, only the sphere feels like a bit of flat. :star: :star: :star:

Welsh: :star: x15

DD: :star: x10

Welshblue wins :)

sig_garfield.png

azh3j7.png

:)

Concept artwork with my logo

Exclusive work in progress, you wont see this again for a while till its completed :)

Edited by SAND33P

eOdUjVm.jpg

I see a lot of pictures and not much voting....

You could have helped out by actually voting.

NN79 3x :star: I love the effect, but the juxtaposition of undersea vessel and space doesn't work for me. Ditto the line drawing. It just seems out of place.

Sand33P: 4x :star: Nice selection of palette and font. I particularly like the complementary grunge effects between the background and lettering.

• Upvote 1

nitenurse79 - great use of perspective, I do think the black void area could benefit some stars (noise perhaps?) but overall the end result is top work.

Sand33P - Nice font and reflection, but as it is a work in progress, I don't see the reason for entering it in a comp :/

I give nitenurse79 - 5 x :star:

I give Sand33P - 2 x :star:

So if I am correct it is now;

nitenurse79 - 12 :star:

Sand33P - 10 :star:

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

NN79 - Have always liked this image and I think the line drawing and the image of space go well togother, would of liked to see something better than just a black background but none the less a great image 3 :star:

Sand33P - Nice and clean but "unfinished" can't really see the point of entering a W.I.P 1 :star:

NN79 15 :star:

Sand33P 11 :star:

NN79 is the WINNER!

Edited by minners71

Congratz, NN! Great entries from both entrants. Sand33P, that is a really good start! I'd really love to see where it goes from there.

meatatarianpropoganda800x600.png

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

pdnnoob: the 3D-ness looks really realistic, and the continents popping out look really great also. I also like the effect on the word "green." :):star: :star: :star: :star:

klyek: that looks amazing! I really like the texture on the planet, and the background as well. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Totals:

pdnnoob :star: x4

klyek :star: x5

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes