Website Screenshot/Screenprint only saves as Word Doc

Dear Paint.net Community

Hello all the community, I am jtv, I have just joined and installed Paint.net earlier this week.

Well my title is what it says, I got a picture from a website via Screenshot/Screenprint and it will not save in your picture app feature, it keeps saving as a word app which I had first printed the Screenshot/Screenprint to.

Would I be better Screenshot/Screenprinting direct from the webpage, please help, I wouldn't want to lose this perfect picture.

Am so glad to be here

Yours Sincerely

JTV

Did you use the "Prt Sc" key to obtain your screenshot?

If you did, it should copy it to the computers clipboard. Once this is done, all you have to do is open Paint.net and then use the "Ctrl" + "V" key combination to paste it onto the Paint.net canvas. Paint.net will (usually) then ask if you want to expand the canvas. Confirm this, and you should now have your picture of the website. You can now edit and/or crop and save in your desired (and supported) image format.

Speaking of screenshots, Windows 7 has a built-in app that's a bit more powerful than just hitting the Prt Scr key. The program is named Snipping Tool. To locate the app do a search for it in Windows Help and Support. The app can be pinned to your Taskbar for easy access. The following is from the Help File:

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

You can capture any of the following types of snips:

• Free-form Snip. Draw a free-form shape around an object.
  • Rectangular Snip. Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
  • Window Snip. Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
  • Full-screen Snip. Capture the entire screen.

After you capture a snip, it's automatically copied to the Clipboard and the mark-up window. From the mark-up window, you can annotate, save, or share the snip.

SC

Edited by silvercaper