Move pixel tool transluscency?

Is there a way to change the move pixel tool to ignore completely transparent pixels? I'm just curious, but in what universe would someone want the default behavior of copying and pasting a transparent image to be to treat the transparent pixels as a replacement and not an additive? Even MSPaint.net has this functionality. I've dug through all of the options and couldn't find the ability to change it.

I'm still not completely sure why that behavior isn't really default as it seems to be the expected behavior of such actions with the option to switch to other modes? Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate an answer to the question. I'm sorry for posting on the forum if there's an IRC channel but I couldn't find any listing of an official IRC channel.

Edit: I just found someone elses question to the same problem and basically it was stated that this was a feature? It seems silly because if you're going to use an obscure default that isn't the expected behavior then you should provide the option to revert back to the expected behavior. I wonder though if there's still a hot key or option somewhere to revert to the expected behavior?

As someone who's interested in user experience and usability this makes me a sad panda. :(

Edited by nullsoldier

This is not silly. MSPaint has taught you some bad habits.

Use layers. Use magic wand with a tolerance of 0. etc. There are many better ways to go about doing things in Paint.NET.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg