Set default for tools

I used paint.net before, (love it, only paint tool I'll ever use) and I remember being able to set defaults for my tools. So then when I use the color picker, the default will not be set to "do not switch tool", but to "switch to pencil tool". However, I have actually tried to search for this on google, with no luck. Can someone with a kind soul tell me how to set the defaults? :)

I used paint.net before, (love it, only paint tool I'll ever use) and I remember being able to set defaults for my tools. So then when I use the color picker, the default will not be set to "do not switch tool", but to "switch to pencil tool". However, I have actually tried to search for this on google, with no luck. Can someone with a kind soul tell me how to set the defaults? :)

You're looking for the dropdown box that will show up when you have the color picker selected called After Click.

From the help file/online help @http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/Toolbar.html it will look like this next the to Tool menu with the color picker selected.

To set this permenantly, use Choose Defaults from the Tool Menu and make sure to save.

Color Picker

toolbarcolorpicker.png

The Color Picker may be configured to switch to the Pencil tool or the previous tool after clicking on a color.

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans