Torn Paper Effect

I'm new so i hope i'm typing this in the right place.

The effect i am after is a torn paper effect.

The picture i want to create is for a quiz where there is a celebrity face on layer 1, with christmas wrap on layer 2. I could reveal parts of the celeb bit by bit and can easily do this using the lasso tool but would like the torn paper to look a bit more pleasing, like it had been pulled back, rather than just straight edges.

Is there a torn edge tool plug in or similar that is out there that i'm just not finding? I've see lots online but nothing quite like what i want.

Any help, suggestions, ideas or pointers are welcomed

Edited by chucklebum2

I'm new so i hope i'm typing this in the right place.

The effect i am after is a torn paper effect.

The picture i want to create is for a quiz where there is a celebrity face on layer 1, with christmas wrap on layer 2. I could reveal parts of the celeb bit by bit and can easily do this using the lasso tool but would like the torn paper to look a bit more pleasing, like it had been pulled back, rather than just straight edges.

Is there a torn edge tool plug in or similar that is out there that i'm just not finding? I've see lots online but nothing quite like what i want.

Any help, suggestions, ideas or pointers are welcomed

Visit my gallery. ( http://forums.getpai...00361-my-stuff/ ). I just added a piece whereas I used the page curl plugin to get a similar effect. I also explained a bit further down from the image how I did it. See if that will work for you. Though it would be a time consuming process, by varying the selection sizes I think you can get the right effect.

The page curl plugin can be found here: http://forums.getpai...fect-ymd100718/

Edited by jim100361