Snowdrift effect

I have a photo of a building in .jpg format & want to add snow to the roof, etc, including all surfaces where snow would settle - window sills & so on.

I am brand new to PDN & image-editing in general, so would need step-by-step instructions of where to find what I need in Menu's etc.

I have a photo of a building in .jpg format & want to add snow to the roof, etc, including all surfaces where snow would settle - window sills & so on.

I am brand new to PDN & image-editing in general, so would need step-by-step instructions of where to find what I need in Menu's etc.

You are more or less asking for somebody to write a tutorial for you... I doubt that will occur!

Without getting too involved, I would suggest that you open a new layer above your image and select the areas that you think will be covered with snow. Create clouds in the selected area's and play with the "brightness/contrast" to give you a desired snow color. You may also wish to play with "hue/saturation" somewhat. I would then apply "noise" at 0 color, and apply a light "gaussian blur", and to finish of I would apply "dents" at the desired setting to give it a swirly finish.

While writing this I thought of a number of other ways to do it, so my best advice is to play around with lots of other tutorials which should fill your idea's bucket!

naturesig.png