PDN Not Saving Edited Images

Carver

I have Windows 7 64-bit, PDN Version 3.58. My hard drive was just replaced. I am downloading and reinstalling software including Paint.Net.

I just discovered that Paint.Net is now not actually saving JPEG images after I resize and save them. There is no error message, but the files are not being saved.

Any suggestions?

Do I have the right version of Paint.Net?

Yup, you have the right version of Paint.NET.

So what you're saying is that if you open a JPEG image, make changes, and then save it to the same location/name ... it still has the old contents? And you determine that it still has the old contents by opening it again, or looking at the thumbnail? There have been a few recent changes whereby any embedded thumbnail is supposed to be removed, but the nature of metadata makes it tricky to track down every 3rd-party's "this is how I decided to embed thumbnails" method.

Are you sure you aren't actually saving the images as .PNG or .PDN?

Does Windows' built-in Paint app have this issue, or does it report an error when it tries to save?

If there's a bug in the save logic in Paint.NET whereby an error is being "throw on the floor", then that's very important to fix and I appreciate any information you have towards diagnosing this.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Rick,

I am not saving the JPEG photos to their same location. I am bringing photos into Paint.Net mainly to resize them. They are then saved to a new location on an external hard drive that contains only photos that will be posted in a family tree. I had been doing this for several weeks before my internal hard drive had to be replaced. Now with my new hard drive wiped clean, I had to download and install Paint.Net again. With the new hard drive and new Paint.Net, what I had been doing for weeks is not working. It would seem reasonable to think that the problem must be the new drive or the version of Paint.Net which I just downloaded. That is why I asked whether I had the right version for Windows 7 64-bit.

After not finding photos that I had supposedly saved, I made a new folder on the external hard drive just for recent additions. Even though Paint.Net seemed to show that it had saved the images there, there were no images saved in that file and there were no error messages after many tries at saving.

Edited by Carver