How to add a texture but keep my colors?

What i would like to do is add a background texture to an image that already has color without the texture pictures color taking over, how can this be done?

I am using an apply texture plugin, but once again it applies the texture and the color of the picture , all i want is the texture.

This is driving me insane! a little help please?

try using alpha displacement-- here is a tut that will help you out tho it isnt on exactly what you want

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21508-contouring-text-to-the-background/page__view__findpost__p__351731__hl__alpha-displacement mask settings__fromsearch__1

with a little playing around it should do you well

• Upvote 1

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Thanks so much! the suggestion didn't directly help, but it did point me in the general direction of what I needed to look up to accomplish my goals!

its actually really easy to do what I wanted to do, just put the texture in a new layer, double click it and choose "overlay" thats it, my colors stay the same, but i get the texture in the image.

Thanks a lot!