Is there a way to get this color effect?

Is there effect where it makes it look like you're drawing in acrylic paint? I've been trying to figure that out for a while but I've had no luck. And I don't have acrylic paint so I can't color my pics with it. Or something that can make this effect at least: Acrylic Painting Heron Can you guys help?

Love is nothing without you~

"If the world chooses to become my enemy....I will fight like I always have!" - Shadow before confronting Mephiles, Sonic 2006

"I promise you... revenge!" - Shadow promising Maria revenge on the humans.

I'm not sure if this will get exactly what you are looking for, but here's a mini tutorial:

1. Duplicate the layer with the original image.

2. Run edge detect on the top layer and set the layer blend mode to difference with 125 opacity.

3. go back to the original layer and run oil painting at lowest settings, then gaussian blur at 2 pixels

4. Duplicate the layer and move it up to the top. Set layer blend mode to overlay with 80 opacity and run jitter (plugin you'll have to download) at 3 maximum and minimum distance with edge settings set to reflect.

5. Add a new layer on top and paintbucket set to dashed horizontal. Set layer blend mode to darken and opacity at 10

EDIT: Here's what that got me

Hidden Content:
acrylicpainting.png
Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo