3.5.5 Installation Error

gorin

Hi Guys, I have read the various installation issue threads, but none of them seems to address this problem so am making this topic. My problem is quite simple.

I downloaded the latest Paint.net exe file from the website itself and I do have XP SP3 installed on my computer. I however do NOT have .NET framework 3.5 SP1 installed on my PC (reason for this is, there seeems to be a problem with the exe I dloaded form the microsoft website. When I double-click the exe.. nothing happens). I don't think this should be a problem as I read somewhere that when I start the exe for Paint.net 3.5.5 it includes an installation for the .NET framework as well.

Well anyway so once I click on the .zip install file and start the exe it starts extracting the files and finishes and then even before the installer window can popup.. I see the error below :

97v22f.jpg

There a small popup window that opens for a fraction of a second when I click "OK" but I have no idea what it is.. haven't been able to see it..

I tried installing the latest .NET framework i.e v4 but it did not make any diff.. so I uninstalled it. Can someone please help me out here.. I'm dying to use pdn again.. I used to use it before my PC got formatted and just recently got the urge to try some stunts with graphics again :P

I however do NOT have .NET framework 3.5 SP1 installed on my PC ...

.NET 3.5 SP1 is 100% required.

I don't think this should be a problem ...

If .NET 3.5 SP1 is not installed, or cannot be installed, then that's a huge problem. Paint.NET will absolutely not work. It does come with the installer, but it looks like that isn't working and that's where the problem is.

I tried installing the latest .NET framework i.e v4 but it did not make any diff

.NET 4 won't be noticed by Paint.NET unless it's the only version of .NET installed. If you have any .NET 2.0 through 3.5, then it won't use 4.0.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg