Boardgames

Like many people I'm sure, I tend to use Paint programmes on an adhoc basis, dipping into them to take a little here, a little there. I dont understand half of the terminology and I'm the first to agree that I'm too lazy to read all the manual properly. So, if anyone feels that I have no-one but myself to blame for my ignorance, I'll be the first to agree with you.

However, should there be anyone out there able and willing to help, I'd be most grateful...but please, in basic language

Here is my problem.

I have a map taken from an Avalon Hill boardgame. I have meticulously painted it and, imo, it looks pretty good. However, if I am to play it across the ether with a few friends I need to be able to 'pick up' a tile and put it down in another hex. I know, at least I think I do, that I need to use Layers, but for the life of me I can't see the way forward.

If you would keep your head, whilst all about you are losing theirs, avoid the big guy with the Vorpal blade!

This section of the forum is for sharing tutorials you've written. Please post in the correct section next time, thanks.

Moved to GD&Q

Welcome to the forum boltbait.big_smile.png

SSorry about that, so any ideas?

If you would keep your head, whilst all about you are losing theirs, avoid the big guy with the Vorpal blade!

Each player can have their tiles on separate transparent layers.

The tile can be moved by making a Rectangle selection

around it and using the Move Selected Pixels tool. :MoveTool:

Copy/paste the adjusted layer into a new file, save as PNG, and email it to the other players.

Each player can have their tiles on separate transparent layers.

The tile can be moved by making a Rectangle selection

around it and using the Move Selected Pixels tool. pdn35icons.MoveToolIcon.png

Copy/paste the adjusted layer into a new file, save as PNG, and email it to the other players.

Thank you. I think I see what you mean, but bear in mind, I'm an old fogie whose grasp of 'computerese' is that of an ant confronted by a tinopener and a sealed can of meat.