Deleted the files for 3.36 and now I can't install or uninstall new or old versions

Hello, I had tried looking the the FAQs, the Rules and Regulations, and even the pinned post in the Help board...I'm asking now because I'm completely unsure of what to do now.

About...a year ago, I think, I had installed the 3.36 version of Paint.NET and neglected it ever since I found someone else to do the work for me. Eventually, it was just sitting there and I thought that I should get rid of it somehow to clear memory space on my laptop. I can't remember what it was exactly that I did, but I believe that I just selected the files and sent them to the recycle bin. And deleted them.

Now I've decided to give editing a shot again, and realize: I can't install the newer 3.55 version. I then went to Control Panel to see if I check if it was because last time I didn't completely erase 3.36 and it seemed that I was right. I tried uninstalling that and it didn't work either. Then I went on the forums and looked at the pinned topic regarding uninstallations, I went to the FAQ, and I went to the Rules sections to see if I had missed anything important. I found out that I had to find a way to find the download for my old (current version) install it, then uninstall the entire program altogether. At least, that's what I interpreted.

And now that it failed as well...I decided it was relatively safe enough for me to ask for help.

So does my descriptions above help? Am I missing any details? Or am I just stuck with...this?

I just selected the files and sent them to the recycle bin. And deleted them.

Big mistake, unfortunately :(Always use the Add/Remove control panel.

Use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility, mentioned in the big scary capitalized sticky post in this section of the forum.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Big mistake, unfortunately :(Always use the Add/Remove control panel.

Use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility, mentioned in the big scary capitalized sticky post in this section of the forum.

Thank you, the program helped. I saw it at first but I didn't understand what I was looking at...