how to colorize black/grey with white excluded?

Hey guys!

I'm a noob and I've been reading this forum for 4 hours now, for example I already have Conditional Hue/S installed etc.

But I still couldn't find an easy way for what I'd like to do.

I'd like to be able to colorize black/grey with effects and shades still the same and with the picture's white parts stayed white.

In other words, my "real world problem" is, i'm playing with modding card decks for online poker softwares

thes decks if 4 colored usually contain 2 types of spades: either yellow/goldish or black/grey

now if I find a deck with yellow spade it's a click for even me to make grey from yellow, but I would like to be able to generate some kind of yellow colored spades from black/grey spades decks

for example for these two decks I'd like to make yellow spades too:

3008av8.png

2rf4fgz.jpg

so I need to be able to make a color from black/grey with the white staying white and the shades and effects already there staying as well

I really tried to search and stuff so I gathered my courage to ask too!

thx!

You could try copying one of the decks and using the hue and saturation tool to change the color.

??

hue and saturation didn't change black to other color for me

if you meant to copy like clubs that's a problem cause all the suits have some kind of suit graphics on it (like the club or a heart for hearts and the spade for spades)

You could try copying one of the decks and using the hue and saturation tool to change the color.

??

hue and saturation didn't change black to other color for me

if you meant to copy like clubs that's a problem cause all the suits have some kind of suit graphics on it (like the club or a heart for hearts and the spade for spades)

Ah, I see. Yes as SkullSplitter said, color tint, or maybe color filter, should do the trick.