Another installation problem

vcoder

I look the forum but looks like I have a different installation problem.

I have .net 3.5 (and SP1 as well) installed.

OS - Vista Business.

I used "Windows Installer Clean Up".

But it doesn't help.

I got following error:

---------------------------

(null)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at PaintDotNet.PdnResources.LoadImage(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.PdnResources.GetImage(String fileName) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Resources\PdnResources.cs:line 322

at PaintDotNet.PdnResources.PdnImageResource.Load() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Resources\PdnResources.cs:line 337

at PaintDotNet.Resource`1.get_Reference() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Resource`1.cs:line 28

at PaintDotNet.Controls.PdnBanner..ctor() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Controls\PdnBanner.cs:line 34

at PaintDotNet.Setup.SetupWizard.InitializeComponent() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SetupFrontEnd\SetupWizard.cs:line 695

at PaintDotNet.Setup.SetupWizard..ctor() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SetupFrontEnd\SetupWizard.cs:line 411

at PaintDotNet.Setup.SetupWizard.MainImpl(String[] args) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SetupFrontEnd\SetupWizard.cs:line 1038

at PaintDotNet.Setup.SetupWizard.Main(String[] args) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\SetupFrontEnd\SetupWizard.cs:line 943

=== Pre-bind state information ===

LOG: User = Dmitriy-PC\Dmitriy

LOG: DisplayName = WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

(Fully-specified)

LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/

LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL

Calling assembly : PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.51.3610.35022, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

===

LOG: This bind starts in default load context.

LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Users\Dmitriy\AppData\Local\Temp\PdnSetup\SetupFrontEnd.exe.Config

LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.

LOG: Post-policy reference: WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/WindowsBase.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/WindowsBase/WindowsBase.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x86/WindowsBase.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x86/WindowsBase/WindowsBase.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x64/WindowsBase.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x64/WindowsBase/WindowsBase.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/WindowsBase.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/WindowsBase/WindowsBase.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x86/WindowsBase.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x86/WindowsBase/WindowsBase.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x64/WindowsBase.EXE.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Dmitriy/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/Native.x64/WindowsBase/WindowsBase.EXE.

OK

Any suggestions?

For some reason, it looks like you don't have .NET 3.0 installed (yes, .NET 3.0). I've seen this in some crash logs that've been sent to me.

I've not been able to reproduce this myself, but you'll have to find some way to completely repair / reinstall / fix .NET. Start by getting rid of .NET 3.5 SP1, then try and fix .NET 3.0 (I don't know how), then install .NET 3.5 SP1 / Paint.NET 3.5.1.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

vcoder,

I was having the same issue as you, but I think I've found a solution. You need to do this: Start Orb >> Control Panel >> Programs and Features >> 'Turn Windows features on or off' and make sure 'XPS viewer' under the 'Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0' is turned on (don't ask me why!). Click OK, allow the changes to be made and you should be able to run the installer and program. :wink:

Season's Greetings,

Alex

• 6 months later...
I was having the same issue as you, but I think I've found a solution. You need to do this: Start Orb >> Control Panel >> Programs and Features >> 'Turn Windows features on or off' and make sure 'XPS viewer' under the 'Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0' is turned on (don't ask me why!). Click OK, allow the changes to be made and you should be able to run the installer and program.

Running Vista Home Basic SP2, I was getting the "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0..." error message when trying to install Paint.NET 3.5.5. I tried performing a Repair on .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, but that didn't help. A quick Google search found this thread, I turned on the XPS Viewer feature, and the Paint.NET 3.5.5 install went smoothly. Thanks to alesx for that solution!