Colouring

Ok so I got one more question.

Like I said in my other post, in my pictures there is "text" included, and I would like to colour the titles/ the words, even though the rest of the picture needs to be black and white. Is that possible and how do I do that?

Thanks very much.

scarley

let me get this right: you want to color a section of a black&white picture (the text on it), and leave the rest as it is.

select the text in question and use a color mask or something (evin the brush tool with a transparent color would work).

personally i sugers you copy the text to a new layer on top before you do anything to it (you might need to aply some feather or something to it).

...then again, you could just write over it, if u can find the right font and size :lol:

redsig.png

Thank you very much. I think I now found a way to "transform" what I had imagined - or at least something that comes close to it.

But how come I can not reset the "transparent alpha" tool in the colour window, once I used it?

I don`t really like it that much, it just makes the colour look "spotty" (don`t know how to translate it).

I`d rather choose a lower "tolerance" for filling in, so that the writing is still visual.

What is the feather-tool for and where do I find it?

Thank you again.

scarley

scarley:

Feather plugin.

Part of Boltbait's plugin pack.

=============================================

Transparent color?

You might do better using the color at full opacity on its own

transparent layer. The transparency can then be adjusted using

Layer Properties.

Layers Window

=============================================

If you can post a link to the image you are working on

you will get the best suggestions on what to try.

Edited by Sarkut