Include Paint.Net into a Visual Basic 2005 Application

kokben

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

PaintDotNet.exe, which contains MainForm, is not a class library. It's not designed to be used that way at all. It's meant to be an application -- not a component.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 month later...

When calling it as a class you need to add it to the project first. There are other parts you need to add to make it work also, but it can be done.

Dim pdnEdit As New PaintDotNet.MainForm

pdnEdit.Show()

Although it's not a component, some parts will work ok. Some parts dont. When using it this way though you are on your own as its not meant to work like this.

Also, as far as i know, it is the only good image editor which you can/could include in a project. The others are very limited and quite expensive. Even though, if you had to pay for the PDN source I am sure i would.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be easier if you just extract the drawing area from PDN instead of the whole program? I suppose you can draw on the mainform.cs and then you will need a few other classes with the pencil and stuff.

So you add the mainform.cs (and the other relations) to your program and you should have your drawing area or am I seeing this way too simple?

I'm asking because I'm making a LAN Pictionary and I also need a drawing area but I can't seem to find a solution.