Separating into color layers?

Hi folks. I'm not sure if you can help me out or not but I thought I'd ask the question. I searched and did not see this addressed so I'll go ahead and post it up and see if someone has any ideas. I'm not a designer or graphic artist so I do not have a lot of experience with this, but I really like the paint.net tool.

Is is possible to take an existing picture and separate it into various "color" layers? Let me explain what I want to do ... I am giving a presentation and want to make 10 points ... and on each slide have just a color blur with the point I am making. However, when I make my concluding remarks, I want to quickly revisit each point, with each color layer successively building until the entire picture is complete. So essentially, I want to break the picture down into 10 color layers that can be used individually, and then recombined. Make sense?

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate them. Otherwise, I probably need to hire someone to do it by hand, which will be expensive.

Thansk in advance.

bobbo

Then Extract Channel plugin would help, but I doubt you can get 10 colors separated on 10 layers, anyways you can try the plugin, it is not that complicated, it extracts the green, blue, yellow....but you have to use the original picture each time when you extract a specific color, see this example from barkbark00