8.5 x 11 image is getting cut off when printing

I have windows Vista and downloaded paint.net to try out.

We have some 8.5x11 images that we need to print out for a wedding next week. Our images are set to 8.5" x 11", but when we print the photo out, the image is slightly enlarged. We are losing about 1/4 on all sides. So, lets say we have an image of 10 squares, it print out an 8.5 x 11 image (borderless) but only 9 squares show up. The other piece is shoved off (blown out) of the page. I thought it might be the canvas size, so I made both image and canvas size 8.5x11, but I still have the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

31003_bf1d948e730b3fae3bb4e3d17d965341

This may sound dumb, but are you sure you're using the right settings when printing your image? The setting can play a big role in how it comes out...

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

The problem, (I think...) is that your printer can't reach to the side of the page. Printers have to have a margin on each side of the page, so your printer is printing as wide as it can. May I suggest changing your picture size to 8.25x10.68 (or smaller) which is the biggest it can be without anything getting cut off.

No, the issue is not that I am getting a border (image shrinking) it is that the image is printing out larger than what I set (expanding). We even tried a 5x7 image and it filled out the entire 8.5x11 page. I am not sure if this is a Vista driver problem or something else. We are using a HP C5140 (I think that is the model). It was my brothers. Vista uses a default driver as there is not a specific driver for this printer.

I ran into something like this a while back. I went to our local photo spot to print my pic. This is what I found out.

1. Digital format is based on a 4x6 format, so everything is based on that, so a 8x12 is what your trying to print. But they dont make 8x12 paper, now you have to compensate for the difference. I added a border the top and bottom to offset.

2. Was to max out the on the save Quality 100%.

Good Luck

vent_truk.jpg